Sunday, September 2, 2012

My world-famous...

...chocolate chip cookies.  

Of course they're world-famous because they're the Toll House recipe from the back of the Hershey's semi-sweet morsels package.

I do add my own little flare, however, that includes using unsalted butter, Kosher (ONLY Kosher) salt and real Haitian vanilla.

I also cook mine a little longer so that they're flatter and a little caramelized, so they have a great crunchy, chocolaty, hint of salt taste.

We are crunchy chocolate chip cookie people. No "soft batch" cookies found around here.

The kitchen was a little tight during this particular bake, as everyone, including Chewie, wanted in on the action.

My type A personality requires that all ingredients are present and accounted for in their proper proportions before anything gets started :)
I find it so much fun having my kids help in the kitchen.  And even though I don't really cook that much - or that well - I do happen to be darn good at cracking eggs and some of the other basics. 

It's much more fun teaching them something that I actually know how to do well.

Time to start mixing.
Are we the only ones that could sit and eat a bowl of the sugars, vanilla, butter mixture?  
Taking turns slowly adding the flour, baking soda and salt mixture.



 Round and round it goes.
Holy chocolate chips, Batman!

Second best part of making cookies!
Why, yes, they do look scrumptious, don't they?
"Hey Will, how're the cookies?"


I think those eyes say it all.

No comments: