Friday, October 24, 2008

NC State Fair



When it comes to the State Fair I have always been a little indifferent. However, when a friend suggested we go this year I thought," why not?" I am glad I did because we had a great time. 
Because, really, how bad of a time can you have eating fried dough covered in powdered sugar on a 65 degree day with bright Carolina blue skies?
And with the exception of the 3.5 minutes I spent on a hideous ride called The Orbiter, it was a nice way to spend a couple of hours NOT thinking about the 20 years worth of savings that went "poof" in a matter of days.

Plus, it was a great excuse to whip out the new camera :)



Heidi waving from the Ferris Wheel


Amy and I getting ready to hit the Tilt-A-Whirl (my FAVORITE ride!)

Put your hands in the air, oh yeah....


Heidi and I smiling despite the fact that we just
blew six bucks on one of those stupid water pistol games (and I say stupid because we both lost!)

No comments: