Friday, December 26, 2008

A Merry, Wall-E Christmas


By far our favorite movie of the year is Wall-E. And I mean favorite for Scott and I as well (although Kung Fu Panda comes in at a close second!)

Eliza Grace & Will were VERY excited to find Wall-E and Eve action figures under the tree. Then, when they spied the same characters on their new sets of jammies....well, squeals of delight could be heard around the neighborhood. They called each other Wall-E and Eve the rest of the day...it was too cute!

The funny thing to me was that these were not their "big" gifts.  Will received an authentic BIG WHEEL and Eliza Grace got the Hannah Montana guitar play along plug-into-the-TV game thing. Those were supposed to be the really exciting gifts.

Will did take a spin on the big wheel and I know he will really enjoy it if we can get a warm day without rain to ride it around. But let me say that I am pleased that Eliza Grace was thankful for but was not overly impressed with the Hannah Montana thing (which she had mentioned when discussing Christmas wishes).

Admittedly, Eliza Grace comes off a little socially immature and frankly,I have no problem with that. In fact, I am perfectly pleased to know that she would rather play with her Eve action figure than try to emulate Hannah Montana, who is twice her age. She and I both notice many, many girls her age that are completely into clothes, their looks, Hannah and High School musical. And while she occasionally tells me about those shows (second hand from what her friends tell her because we do not let her watch them) her interest is superficial. I have no problem with her staying as young/innocent/untainted by the world as she can for as long as she can.

Anyhoo, you know I would not sign off without posting some pics :)

No comments: