Sunday, April 10, 2011

Batter Up!

This past week was a banner one for Will as he began his first ever team sport: tee- ball.

Although he was a bit reluctant when I first signed him up, once he learned that his best buddy Gabe was assigned to the same team he got pretty excited.

Buying his first glove (and baseball pants, socks and rubber cleats) was a hoot because the kid was so excited he was literally bouncing through the store. Accessories apparently make the man.

The first practice was Friday night and, though he was shy at first, he got over that quickly. Frankly it took all my strength not to march onto the field and tell him to quit chatting and messing around and pay attention to the coaches. I didn't do it because, well, I did not want to be one of those mothers....even though I totally am.

When we first arrived it was warm but within 5 minutes, the temperature dropped about 15 degrees and the wind began to blow. Despite the weather, practice went well. I thank God that there are men who have the patience and willingness to introduce these 5 year olds to the sport and the three coaches for our Rockies seem really great.

Scott and I are excited to see how much Will learns and how much fun he has over the next 16 weeks.

Here's a quick video of the first day of practice. Apologies for the wind noise!

No comments: