Saturday, December 3, 2011

Going Home for the Candle Tea

The kids and I headed over to Winston-Salem (my home town) yesterday to meet up with my Mom and attend Old Salem's Christmas tradition of the Candle Tea.

The women of Home Moravian Church have been doing the Candle Tea for decades. If you like history, singing traditional Christmas music, watching bees wax candles being made, eating Moravian Sugar cake and hearing the Christmas story, this is the place for you.

I love Old Salem and, if you have never been, I encourage you to plan a visit soon.
A little history.


The pedestrian bridge from the visitor's center


Home Moravian Church across the town square


Eliza Grace volunteered to sing the solo on "Morning Star," my all time favorite Moravian hymn
Bees wax candles being made for the Love Feast services


Taking a break to look at Salem Creek

No comments: