Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Apparently the Problem is My Brain.

Yesterday, on the way to Tae Kwon Do, I was chatting with Will about plans for his 8th birthday party in November. (The best time to have good conversation with your child, especially your boy child, is in the car.)

I'd been considering booking a game truck company to come to a nearby park and set up laser tag so that I could avoid having an onslaught of 2nd grade boys take over and potentially destroy our home.  

Then I saw what said game trucks charge.  

Moving on.

So, we were discussing plan B,C and possibly D. During the course of the discussion I asked Will what he and his friends really like to do most.

"Play war, Mommy," was his reply.  

Ok. So I started throwing out ideas, themes, games to play, etc. Will listened patiently and then, in a somewhat exasperated tone, explained the following:

"Mommy, you don't have a boy brain."

To this I responded, "You are absolutely right.  I do not have a boy brain (thank the good Lord).  What's your point?"

"Here's what we're going to do," he said, "we're going to have two teams and then we are just going to run around and fight until it's time for cake."

Alrighty then.  

Sounds like he has the activity portion of the party well in hand. Guess I'll take care of the cake. 

No comments: