Thursday, February 21, 2008

Why is 5p-8p, Monday-Friday so hard?

So up front, NOT looking for advice here, just baring my soul...and it isn't a pretty view right now.

I really love my children. I really love my husband. And I am pretty darn sure they really love me. So why is it that the largest chunk of time that the 4 of us are together on any given weekday is so difficult?

I know, I know...I can list all the obvious reasons: long day, everyone is tired, everyone is hungry, Mommy hates having to decide what's for dinner (and prepare it and clean up after it)and thus she is often a grump about it, blah, blah, blah. I know this. We all know this. So how come night after night we fall into the same trap?
Tonight it tipped the scales into an all out screaming match (please do not send me parenting books - again, we know better, frustration just got the better of all us this time). Regardless, disobedience results in damage, I begin shrieking at Eliza Grace, Eliza Grace shrieks back...big mistake because...Scott swoops in and bellows at Eliza Grace, Eliza Grace goes into FDM (full drama mode). Meanwhile, Will is in the other room bonking his head on something and is crying. Sigh.


Now don't get me wrong. I know full well that in the scheme of life and all the things it could be, there are those who pray and plead for such an evening in a beautiful home, everyone in near perfect health, with more than enough toys, food and love to go around....and you know what, I think I will leave it at that. My attitude check has just been completed.
Thank you, Lord Jesus, for this amazing evening. We are so very blessed!

No comments: