Thursday, September 25, 2008

15 years and we are still saying "I Will"

15 years ago today, Scott and I said I will in front of God, family and friends.

So what does that mean?

It means I will be there to help you go to the bathroom when the stomach flu has kept you in bed for 3 days and you can hardly walk

It means I will not say one negative word when you gain another 30 pounds on top of the pregnancy weight

It means I will let the grumpy mood slide by without striking back (well, most of the time!)

It means we will sit up all night and stare in wonder at the newborn babies God gave us

It means we will argue but apologize and move on

It means we will laugh together so hard that we cry

It means we will drive each other crazy...but learn to get over it

It means we will treasure and enjoy the good times

It means we will encourage each other through the tough times

It means that we will acknowledge every day that God has blessed us beyond what we could ever deserve

It means we will trust each other

It means we will choose to love each other every day...despite the good, the bad, the what ifs and what nows.

Here's to the next 15 years... and more!

No comments: