Thursday, September 24, 2009

Salt water, gators and fish poop, oh my!

Here are a few video snippets from our recent trip to Kiawah Island.
I call this one Mr. Fearless and the Fish:


Then we have "Tumble Boy & the Sand"


Up next is video of our evening visitor in the lagoon, which is about 30 feet from the house. Until I saw this, I had no idea how close to the edge of the lagoon Scott had been standing while filming. Crikey, look at the size of that alligator!

Lastly, two videos of us fishing off of a pier at one of the many lakes/ponds on the island where fishing is permitted. Fishing on the island has the extra fun hazard of alligators coming to visit. Makes a mother with a three year old wearing a splint very, very nervous. And, yes, we did apply for and receive the required South Carolina fishing license!
This what happened with the first fish I caught and reeled in. Scott took over from there!

And this is what happened with the second one I caught...poor Eliza Grace! Thank goodness she laughed about it instead of freaking out!

No comments: