Saturday, February 20, 2010

The Anatomy of Lasagna...

...also known as "teach your munchkin how to make dinner at a young age so she can start pulling her weight around here."

Step one: brown some delicious sausage
Or ground beef...
Hey, get your paws out of there!
I told you it was hot! Tsk, Tsk, they never listen
Mix red sauce with meat of choice.

No, I do not make my own sauce.

I am primarily of Irish decent.

Potato and whiskey flavored sauce would not taste right in lasagna.

Although I am sure I can find someone who would disagree with that last sentence...case in point, Scott would disagree.

I ONLY use Barilla Marinara.
Let the mini-Chef deal with cracking the eggs
Mix beaten eggs together with Ricotta,
Mozzarella, and Parmesan cheeses
As Alton Brown says, "Now we build."

First in the dish: plain sauce
Then the pasta sheets.

I do make my own pasta.

Wow, I typed that with a straight face.

OK, OK, I use Barilla Lasagna sheets, of course.
Then add meat sauce, Mozzarella, pasta sheets,
cheese mixture, meat sauce...

Hmm, getting tired are we?
We have two more layers to go, sister, so get a move on.
Are we done yet?
Ready to bake
Mangi!
Buono!

No comments: