Thursday, October 28, 2010

The Great Pumpkin(s)

Last night was our annual pumpkin carving.
This year's victims are definitely the largest yet.Scott is our master carver but Eliza Grace and Will
both sketch what they want their pumpkins to look
like before they go under the knife.
Will specifically wanted his to have
"angry eyebrows" and Scott obliged nicely.I cannot tell you how proud I am of myself for learning how to use the manual setting on my camera to adjust the shutter speed so I could capture the glowing pumpkin. 

Well, I guess I just did!
Eliza Grace opted for a traditional
look and was very specific that
hers only have three teeth.

"One on top that fits between the two on the bottom."

Done.
Eliza Grace is our chief seed separator.
She does a great job removing the slimy goop from
the seeds so they can be washed, brined, seasoned
and baked for a yummy snack later this week.


(If you cannot view this video, go here.)

No comments: