Monday, May 28, 2012

Our First Official AHG Camporee! Part 1

Last Friday afternoon, Eliza Grace and I headed to meet Troop NC1230 and several other American Heritage Girl troops for our inaugural North Carolina AHG Camporee!

For those of you who know me, I'm not a camping kinda gal.  Oh, the things we do for our kids.

We traveled to Camp Durant in Carthage, NC.  Camp Durant is a Boy Scout camp, which kind of explained the urinals on the outside of the bath house.  I say "kind of" because, if you are a Boy Scout, do you really walk all the way to the urinal at the bath house? I don't think so.

Anyhoo, in order to earn her Camping Badge, Eliza Grace had to be the one to put up our tent.  

She did a darn good job, with very little help from me, aside from helping to hammer the stakes and holding it up as she ran the poles.

First, she unrolled and laid the ground tarp.
Next came the tent proper.
 
"Now let me see...this pole goes..."
"Whew, this is hard work."
Ta Da!!!
Photographic proof that she "got'er done!"

No comments: