Thursday, August 9, 2012

So Remember...

...that time earlier today when Eliza Grace didn't get off the bus and, when I asked where she was, the bus driver said she didn't get on the bus and then drove away?

And then remember when I finally caught up with Will - who had run home despite my shouting to him to stop -and asked him, he said that she had gotten on the bus. And then when I called the school, they told me she was not there either?

And remember when seconds later - and in typical Jacque fashion - I COMPLETELY FREAKED OUT?! Yeah, all my neighbors witnessed that lovely scene.


So, thankfully, Eliza Grace HAD gotten on the bus, but fell asleep in the back and the bus driver had still not noticed this fact until she returned to the school (where I had driven posthaste!). While I was inside demanding the school call the transportation office,  Will saw the bus pull up and ran to tell the driver that Eliza Grace was still on the bus.  Meanwhile, Eliza Grace was just waking up and wondering why she was at the school and the only one on the bus.


All's well that ends well, but I think I have had my heaping dose of panic for the day, thank you very much.

No comments: