Friday, October 16, 2009

Songs I Sing to My Babies- I Love To Singa

When I was a kid, cartoons were so much simpler. No evil characters to speak of, with the exception maybe of Bluto on Popeye, but he was more mean than evil.


When were allowed to watch Saturday morning cartoons, my favorites were the more unique Merrie Melodies, especially the really old ones from the 1930s and 1940s. While admittedly many of them are terribly offensive with ridiculous stereotypes, there were others that were just plain fun.
One of my all time favorites is called "I Love To Singa." This eight-minute Tex Avery gem dealt with expectations, rejection and acceptance. Ok, so it was not that serious, but the song that the little owl sang has stuck in my brain for decades.


And decades later I taught it to my little ones, jazz hands and all. Eliza Grace was a performing it for family by age 2!

Enjoy "I Love to Singa." I promise it will make you smile!

No comments: