Thursday, September 23, 2010

Good Things Come to Those Who Bait

Words I never thought I would hear come out of my husband's mouth: "Fishing is just no fun when we catch them faster than I can bait the next hook."Silly me. I thought the whole point to fishing was to, you know, catch fish! Granted they were little fish, but still, they were fish!
(I love this picture. My photography skills are improving, no?)

Actually, it was kind of funny. I am not exaggerating when I say that as soon as a baited line hit the water a fish would bite and most of the time Eliza Grace would reel one in.Since both baiting and removing fish from hooks is Scott's job (as I was ensuring that a certain 4 year old did not become an alligator snack), he did not really have any time to hang out and just fish.Needless-to-say, the kids loved this kind of fishing. Well, Eliza Grace did. I have started calling her the "fish whisperer."
Will got bored pretty quickly and occupied himself playing Angry Birds on my iPhone.
And we had fun, which was the point.

Here's a quick look at the Hughes fishing expedition.

Eliza Grace does the intro and, yes, I will mention to her that she needs to hold the camera a little further from her nose next time.

Oh, and Will provides some of his own musical styling at the end. I will mention the whole "not so close to your face" thing to him, too.

Enjoy!

If you have trouble viewing the video go here.

No comments: