Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Mom Says the Darndest Things

The other day Will was getting frustrated trying to find the right part to go on a Star Wars Lego ship/speeder/walker thingy.

He stumbled upon the right piece, which was apparently in an obvious location, and then exclaimed, "Jeez Louise, it was right in front of me!"

I laughed because I say "Jeez Louise" all the time. So I started to wonder what other words or phrases I say all the time that my kids have picked up.

With a little trepidation, I asked them.

Apparently, the following are my most commonly spoken phrases:

"Jeez Louise."

"Holy Schneikees!" (not sure of the official spelling of that one)

"Calm down!"

"Oh my goodness."

"Lovely" (said in a low, sarcastic tone)

"Oh my gah."

"Give me a smoochie, lovey"

"Not so loud, please."

"You are pushing it!"

"Yes, my love?"

"I beg your pardon?" (Said with the accompanying stink eye in an effort to have my children rephrase a demand they just made)

"Please Lord Jesus help me____." (fill in the blank. They said I usually say it when I "have had it")

"That's it! No more Wii!"

"Fe Fi Fo Fum, I smell the blood of a William (or an Eliza Grace-ium)" (this is followed by me chasing them until I catch them and tickle them)

"Come into my web, said the spider to the fly." (Also said to lure them into being tickled.)

"For crying out loud!"

"You know what?" (What?) "I love you."

"Please stop saying that word!" (said after one of them has repeated a word referencing a body part or bodily function a dozen times.)

"Tell me one thing that you learned today."

"Look at me in my good eye."

"Am I right or am I right?"

In addition, I apparently have an annoying habit of bursting into song corresponding to a recently spoken word. Example: Eliza Grace tells me she wants to ride horses and I start singing, "Wiiiiilllld horses, couldn't drag me awaaaay." And it drives Eliza Grace crazy that I can rarely tell them the actual name of the song or know all the words. Now that I know it bugs her, you can rest assured I will continue doing it with glee.

Anyhoo, I am not sure what the list above really says about me as a Mom, but I am glad to see they could come up with a few things that were on the positive side!

No comments: