Monday, November 9, 2009

The Times, They Are A-Changin'

The winds of change are starting to blow - thankfully not at tornadic speeds.

About 6 months ago, I wrote a couple very angst ridden posts dealing with the lack of balance in my life and the need for clarity. Thankfully, I have a couple of great friends and an exasperated, but supportive husband, to help me work through my sadness, anger, confusion, frustrations and fears.

But, like most things with which we humans struggle, it was acknowledging the problem that was the biggest step towards getting off my tush and doing something about it.

The biggest hurdle for me has been my job. Suffice it to say that the past year has been difficult and the stress and the hours have been ridiculous. Sure, parts of it have been ok and I have learned so much, but I knew that I needed to find something else as fast as I could or face a full-blown melt down that I was just barely keeping in check.

So, a bright ray of sunshine appeared in the form of a new position that sounds like (fingers crossed) it is the right one for me. I am hoping and praying that this opportunity will help me re-energize and re-focus in many areas of my life.

We all go through seasons, life's ups and downs, good times and bad. And I, for one, am ready to begin a new and positive season in my life.

No comments: